Many, but not all, Schedule D entries are reported from the information on IRS form 1099-B and the schedules that your broker enclose with the IRS form 1099-B. They are all different and can be confusing.
Please follow these directions to enter a Federal form 1099-B.
- Down the left side of the screen, click Federal.
- Across the top of the screen, click Income & expenses.
- Under Your income and expenses, scroll down to Investment income.
- Click Show more to the right.
- Click Start/Revisit to the right of Stocks, mutual funds, bonds, other.
- At the screen Here are all your investment sales, click Add more sales.
- At the screen Did or will you receive a 1099-B form or brokerage statement for these sales?, click Yes.
- At the screen Tell us more about this sale, enter the information requested.
- At the screen Now we’ll walk you through entering your sale details, enter the information requested.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"