paylittletax

sale of land 1099-S

I am trying to enter 1099-S information.  I go through all the motions stated on the instructions, but I answer NO on 1099-Bs and all it wants is a financial institution.  I need to enter info on the property.  I can't find any way to get into investment land sales.  I have the Premier version.

Richard

tagteam

sale of land 1099-S

Enter the sale in the same manner as you would the sale of a stock or mutual fund. 

GloriaL

sale of land 1099-S

To report the sale of land in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the Search box type "investment sales".
  3.  Click the "Jump to investment sales" link in the search results.
  4. Answer Yes to “Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds or other investments in 2020?
  5. On the next screen Click on “Other”.
  6. On the Screen “Tell us more about this sale” type in Land Sale and Click on Continue.
  7. On the “Now We’ll walk you through entering your sale details”, under “What type of investment did you sell?” Select Land (other investment purposes) in the dropdown.
  8. Continue to enter the requested information on the screen(s).

tagteam

sale of land 1099-S

@GloriaL wrote:

5. On the next screen Click on “Other”.

The above instructions are applicable, if at all, to the online versions of TurboTax.