turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Restricted Stock units - input error in worksheets

I incorrectly started to put in a restricted stock unit sale first as a restricted stock sale, then made an error when I first put it in as a restricted stock unit sale .   (I was given stock after 3 years as a performance bonus, when the award vested, the value of the stock was included as W2 income and some of the stock was sold to pay the taxes).   I corrected the input a restricted stock unit sale as per the directions in Turbotax.   The stock sale shows to be correct in both the input screen and the actual tax forms correctly provides an adjustment in column "g" to correct the cost basis to the corrected cost basis reported by Fidelity in the supplemental section on the 1099 B for the account.   It looks like my return is prepared correctly.   However, when I run the review, an error continues to show up wanting me to complete an input in the work sheets for this section (I assume somehow the initial set up I started is staying in the system).   Should I just ignore the error and file the return?   

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You won't be able to e-file your tax return with an error showing in it. Also, it may invalidate your accuracy guarantee, so it would be best to resolve the issue.

You may have an extra form 1099-B in your program that may be causing the error message. To correct it, you can look for the "Form 1099-B Wks" and delete it as follows:

1. Find the Tax Tools option on your left menu bar and click on it

2. Click on Tools

3. Find Delete a Form and click on it

4. Look for an extra "Form 1099-B Wks" in the list of forms and click on the option to delete it

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You won't be able to e-file your tax return with an error showing in it. Also, it may invalidate your accuracy guarantee, so it would be best to resolve the issue.

You may have an extra form 1099-B in your program that may be causing the error message. To correct it, you can look for the "Form 1099-B Wks" and delete it as follows:

1. Find the Tax Tools option on your left menu bar and click on it

2. Click on Tools

3. Find Delete a Form and click on it

4. Look for an extra "Form 1099-B Wks" in the list of forms and click on the option to delete it

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had to go a different route to get to forms, but once there, you were correct, there was a partially filled out form that I deleted and problem went away.    Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies