turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Received RSUs in 2020 in my employer stock. When I go thru federal review, it says "1099B Worksheet line 25 column c cannot be later than date sold." Inputs are correct

I received RSUs in 2020 in employer stock.  I went thru the interview process to enter my 1099 B, which I did correctly.  However my answers didn't populate correctly, and so I get an error in Federal Review - "1099B Worksheet line 25 column (c) can't be later than date sold".  

My inputs are correct.  However, line 1 of the Employee Stock Transaction Worksheet says "Not Employer Stock", even though I said it was in the step-by-step.  I think the problem is that line 27 didn't populate correctly so 27(c), which is date sold, is blank.

All sales data for this lot is correctly input later in that form.  So there is a mistake in translating the step-by-step to the form.  I'd like to report this error but don't see a way to do so.

Any ideas?  Your help is appreciated
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Received RSUs in 2020 in my employer stock. When I go thru federal review, it says "1099B Worksheet line 25 column c cannot be later than date sold." Inputs are correct

@vosmo1 I just got off the phone with a really helpful associate at Turbo Tax.  he had me right click on the date sold field (line 2) and choose "override" which allowed me to type in the correct info.  This also works for the Company Name field (which was displaying wrong on mine as well).  So far so good.  I'll edit the reply if something changes and this doesn't end up working.  

View solution in original post

33 Replies

I am having this exact issue!  I have no idea how to proceed!  Hoping someone else knows more than us!

Me too facing same issue. My RSU was vested and sold same day. I dont know why "smart fix" is throwing this error 

Any luck ?

I am seeing the same problem with 1099B Line 25 column C.   It thinks that 2/1/2020 is later than 11/30/2020.   Also even though I chose the correct employer off the list and selected company stock, it still show "Not Employer Stock" in the form.   This appears to be a bug in the software.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem.  I vested on 3/7/2020, sold on 3/9/2020 and the Smart Check is telling me that Line 25. Column (c) can not be later than the date sold.  Everything was entered correctly, and it says "Not employer stock" in Part 1 of the worksheet .

These are obvious bugs in the software.   I'm trying to figure out how to chat with someone that can get the ball rolling on getting it fixed asap. 

Seeing the same here on TurboTax desktop. I bet it's a software bug related to the issue mentioned here: Why am I unable to enter my RSU Selling Price Per Share? . I suggest you all click on the link inside that post and subscribe to be notified when there's a bug fix update.

I fixed by not entering "Vesting Date & other dates to empty". Just left it empty !

All I entered is "Sold date" and "Acquisition date"

I have the exact same problem. I was on the phone for almost an hour with a Turbo Tax assistant. The result: they told me the problem was probably with my computer and closed the issue. :( I am a software engineer and have used Turbo Tax for over 25 years - I think I know a software bug when I see one. Ughh. 

I just want them to let me know they recognize the issue and promise to fix it.

@vosmo1 I just got off the phone with a really helpful associate at Turbo Tax.  he had me right click on the date sold field (line 2) and choose "override" which allowed me to type in the correct info.  This also works for the Company Name field (which was displaying wrong on mine as well).  So far so good.  I'll edit the reply if something changes and this doesn't end up working.  

Perry56

I have the exact same issues.  When is TT going to fix this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @ESigler84 !!!  This fixed the error for me.  Not ideal, but it will work for now.  

So for now, the solution discovered by ESigler84 will work -- right click on lines 1 and 2 and change the responses to (line 1) the actual stock sold, and (line 2) insert the date of sale on the blank line

I also clicked the link offered by tbonafide, 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payroll-reminders/help/why-am-i-unable-to-enter-my-rsu-s-selling-p...

which allows you to sign up for an email when a related problem is fixed -- I suspect that fix will correct this issue as well.

Thanks everybody.

I am using the Mac version of Turbo Tax Premier.. right clicking on the box is not yielding any results...

update.. I figured it out.. On the Mac, you click on the line.. that opens the box up. Then go to the Edit menu and select Over ride. You can put the date in and move on.

Can someone help me understand what is meant by "right click on the date sold field (line 2)..." means?  Are you speaking of the guided journey, the smart worksheet, or tax form, or what.

In my case, I'm receiving this same error; though I'm able to enter the date sold (and vested, and acquired) just fine.  I do however get a bogus error indicated the date sold of March 17 2020 must be greater than the date acquired which is March 15 2020.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies