Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

One LLC with multiple Rentals - where to book overhead costs?

Hello, I have a multi-member LLC with multiple rentals.  I have annual overhead expenses such as the registration for the LLC, tax prep expense, etc.  Can I just pick which property to assign these expenses to or must I divide them up or where do they go?  The properties are in different states so maybe I take the expenses against the property in the state with the higheset state tax?  I am using TT Business.  Thanks for any advice!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Annual overhead expenses do not get prorated on the separate rentals as they are expenses of the business.

If you have not filled in a 1065 or 1120S before and you don't have a prior year return to use as a templet then I highly recommend you seek local professional assistance to get educated.  

I have been told by a professional that I can just assign them to one of the rentals, but I would like to check that.  Surely every investor with more than one property in an LLC faces this question so it must have a straightforward answer?  

Did that pro know your entire situation ?    Do they know you are filing a partnership return ?   Please seek local professional assistance with this matter.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies