Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tgoucher

MY PA40 SCHEDULE E IS BEING POPULATED WITH DUPLICATE DATA FROM MY FEDERAL RETURN - SPECIFICALLY RENTS & ROYALTIES

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

MY PA40 SCHEDULE E IS BEING POPULATED WITH DUPLICATE DATA FROM MY FEDERAL RETURN - SPECIFICALLY RENTS & ROYALTIES

Is there some reason why it should not be? If you are a PA resident and/or the rental property or source of royalty income is located in that state, then you're required to report the income and expenses from that property on your state return.

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Your federal information should flow to your state. If you do have rental and royalties in your federal return then you should expect to see them in your state return as well included in the calculation of your state income tax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tgoucher

You are correct, however it is pulling the same property data twice. I only entered one property on my Federal and there should only be one on my PA40. Section 1Property Description on my Schedule E should only have data populated in row A, not both A & B.

Carl
Level 15

Just a wild guess, (I'm not that familiar with PA state returns) but it sounds to me like you may have the same rental property entered twice on your federal return. Go back to the federal and work through the Rental & Royalty Income (SCH E) section again. Confirm there's only one rental property listed. I suspect you may have the same rental property entered twice. If so, delete the one with the incorrect or incomplete data. THen you "may" have to start over on the state return so that it will import again, correctly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies