turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In Form 2210AI, Line 14b, instructions say cell should be blank but has a number in it. I cannot delete the number. How do I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

In Form 2210AI, Line 14b, instructions say cell should be blank but has a number in it. I cannot delete the number. How do I do that?

It depends on how these details were entered. If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, using Forms mode, delete any dates and values from the applicable quarter in Form 2210 on the federal return and Form 2210AL. Double click on Open Forms and type in the form name to get to these forms.

If you are using TurboTax Online, I recommend first checking the Federal Form 2210 for any details that may be carrying to the state. Then, deleting Form 2210AL and re-entering it. To return to this area in TurboTax, follow these steps:

• Check the Federal Form 2210 if applicable by following these steps:
    • From the left menu, select Federal
    • Other Tax Situations
    • All Uncommon Situations: Scroll to Additional Tax Payments
    • Underpayment Penalties and select Revisit
  • Return to the state interview. On the You've Finished Your Alabama Return page, scroll down to Other Information and click Update. 
    • Answer the details regarding the underpayment. 

See 2019 Form 40 Tax Booklet page 17:

Underpayment Penalty. If the amount of tax due for 2019 is $500 or more you may owe a penalty due to underpayment if the total of your withholding and timely estimated tax payments did not equal at least the smaller of:

1. 90% of your 2019 tax (66-2/3% for farmers), or

2. 100% of your 2018 tax. (Your 2018 tax return must be for a 12-month period.)

Use Form 2210AL to calculate the penalty.

Also see Payment of Estimated Tax on page 18 of this booklet.

2019 Form 2210AL

2019 Form 2210AL Instructions

@WeimarJr

Dear Kathryn,

I will give your directions a try and let you know how it works out.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Richard

Dear Kathyrn,

Doing what I think you told me worked.   I go rid of the Forms 2210 and 2210AI.  Although I was not able to regenerate them, TurboTax completed my returns with no errors.  I will deal with the IRS if and when they call.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Richard

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Wonderful news! You're welcome!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies