Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Importing 1099 from Chase Investment accounts in not working

After looking through other posts about the problem of Chase Investments not being listed, and logging in through the Chase Bank option giving an error, I saw someone said using the J.P. Morgan Securities option worked for them.  I tried it yesterday (March 3rd) and it worked for me.  I imported my 1099's just fine using J.P. Morgan Securities.  Use your normal Chase Bank login, and at the bottom there's a request an OTP code to enter with the login info which all went fine for me.  Hope you see this!

Yes, importing from JP Morgan securities worked.  In fact, the TurboTax interface first asks for a validation code from JP Morgan, which can be received in a format you had on file with Chase/JP Morgan, and after the successful input of both the validation code and login credentials, TurboTax download happened smoothly.

myliu888
Returning Member

I installed TurboTax via the cd on my PC and I was able to get JP Morgan Securities ID Number.

myliu888
Returning Member

I installed the TurboTax CD on my PC and I was able to get this to work.

arlene8693
Returning Member

Using the JP Morgan Securities it still downloads my ORIGINAL 12/31/2021 1099 INSTEAD of the Real CORRECTED 1099 dated March 2, 2022 (corrected pdf was posted on Chase and mailed weeks ago). When will the corrected 1099's finally download to Turbotax?  Is it a Turbox or JPM /Chase issue? 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see these steps provided by Chase to help with your import.

For Brokerage and Managed Accounts

Within the TurboTax software, use “Chase Investments” to search for the financial institution.
Enter your chase.com username, password, and identification code.
Request the identification code by clicking the ‘Get Your Identification Code’ link within TurboTax.
You'll be presented with a chase.com sign-in page for multifactor authentication purposes (similar to the one that appears when you sign in to chase.com from an unrecognized computer).
Choose to receive the identification code by phone, text, or email.
Upon receipt, type the identification code into TurboTax to proceed with the download process; the identification code expires after 30 minutes.

How do I add my Chase Bank 1099 forms in TurboTax CD/Download?

Chase customer support is (800)392-5749.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I can confirm that the Chase Bank 1099-INT import still does not work for Turbo Tax Home and Business desktop version as of April 10. Error message says "The 1099 import service is unavailable for Chase Bank in this product... try manual entry or another product... please try again on Saturday October 1, 2022 at 4:00 PT."

Triple X

Same problem with Fidelity.  Why could they just not leave it alone.  It worked fine last year.  All SEEMS to work right but no download.  What should i do?

Triple X

Fidelity not working either.  They had to mess with it.  It worked fine for the last 15 years.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an old thread that may have outdated information. What specifically happens when you try to import your 1099?  

For additional troubleshooting please see this Help Article.  The instructions mention Schwab but that is just to serve as an example.  If none of the steps resolves your matter, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here, so we can take a closer look.  

Triple X

First it required me to login to Intuit.  This is new.  Second, it takes me through several windows asking me eventually to login to Fidelity.  When I log in it says transfer complete.  if i close the window and go back to Turbo Tax, it says continue and then starts me through the exact process again.  Although it says it got the information, nothing shows up in TurboTax which makes me wonder where my sensitive data has gone.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have tried the above-suggested steps, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@Triple X 

Has anyone successfully imported 1099 from Chase in 2023?

I tried today (2/18/2023), selected JP Morgan Chase Co., logged in in new window "Turbo desktop partner". 2nd window "get my form" had Chase connected and with bla bla to green "Connection Completed!"

THEN "Turbo tax - Error" screen pop up. "We are sorry but we need to close TurboTax. This may ...... " No error code, two buttons at lower portion "Send" or "Cancel". No matter what button clicked, TurboTax was closed by itself. No import data. 

Any idea when you can fix it? 

yeah successfully imported today. Time to buy a lottery ticket 

I am using Google Chrome as default browser. Turbotax version is 202.47.18.40. Still no luck. Turbotax popped error window then closed itself after chrome window said "completed"  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies