Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have shares in a silver etf and a gold etf, my 1099B is showing monthly proceeds but I didn’t sell any shares. How do I enter this information on the tax form 8949?

On my 1099B it shows proceeds I didn’t receive. How do I fill out the form 8949?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LukeG
Intuit Alumni

I have shares in a silver etf and a gold etf, my 1099B is showing monthly proceeds but I didn’t sell any shares. How do I enter this information on the tax form 8949?

Form 8949 (Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets) records the details of your capital asset (investment) sales or exchanges. Part I of the 8949 shows the short-term sales (held less than a year) and Part II has the long-term sales.

When you enter investment sales or exchanges in TurboTax, we'll automatically fill out Form 8949 and transfer the info to Schedule D. You don't need to fill out the 8949 yourself.

Form 8949 is supported in all CD/Download software versions of TurboTax, online in TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Live Premier, TurboTax Self-Employed, TurboTax Live Self-Employed, and the mobile app.

KurtA

Where do I find the 8949 form

When you enter investment sales or exchanges in TurboTax, we'll automatically fill out Form 8949 and transfer the info to Schedule D. You don't need to fill out the 8949 yourself.

Form 8949 is supported in all CD/Download software versions of TurboTax, online in TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Live Premier, TurboTax Self-Employed, TurboTax Live Self-Employed, and the mobile app.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies