turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How cab And bypass the investment gorm? I have no investments.

I want to put in my 1099R for union pension. I am led to an investment form.  I vaguely remember possibly investing in crypto and making it losing about $100. I don't recall if 2022 or 2023/
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

How cab And bypass the investment gorm? I have no investments.

To enter the Form 1099-R for your union pension in TurboTax Online:

1. If you don’t see 2022 TAXES in the left pane, select the dropdown to the right of Income & Expenses on the Hi, let’s keep working on your taxes! page and then select Let’s get started, Pick up where you left off, or Review/Edit
    • Otherwise, in the left pane, select Federal, then Wages & Income (This is labelled Income & Expenses in TurboTax Self-Employed
  2. Scroll down and select the Show more dropdown to the right of Retirement Plans and Social Security
  3. Select Start or Revisit to the right of IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)
  4. Answer Yes on the Did you get a 1099-R in 2022? page 

Continue through the ensuing pages, deciding how you want to enter each form and providing all information as appropriate.

If you have crypto information populating in TurboTax Online, and you need to get rid of it:

1. If you don’t see 2022 TAXES in the left pane, select the dropdown to the right of Income & Expenses on the Hi, let’s keep working on your taxes! page and then select Let’s get started, Pick up where you left off, or Review/Edit. 
    • Otherwise, in the left pane, select Wages & Income
  2. Scroll down and select the Show more dropdown to the right of Investments and Savings
  3. Select Edit, Edit/Add or Revisit to the right of Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other (1099-B)
  4. On the Your investments and savings page, select the dropdown to the right of any income you don’t recognize.  This will cause information about this income to display.  If you need to delete the information, select the trashcan icon
  5. Repeat as necessary
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies