Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

GLUA
Level 3

Fidelity Investment import not working.

On the desktop version, I can pull up the Forms view and see what the IRS / state will see when I file.  I can do this at anytime.  I could not find that feature on the online version.

I can perform more than one return. 

In Nov/Dec, I make a copy and estimate the next years taxes by changing the numbers.

As for data being in the cloud, each person has to answer that question.  I'm not too concerned as TT could make a copy when I eFile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was another TurboTax  desktop update (3/24) and problem still not resolved… 

I will also leave a negative feedback on Amazon - hopefully this will create some urgency. 

I have the same issue importing Fidelity 1099B into Turbo-tax desktop premium. I talked to a Turbo-tax representative yesterday, and she said the issue has been solved at Turbo-tax end. I just called Fidelity and was informed that an Alert is active in their system. Their back office is working on this technical issue. Hopefully the issue can be resolved over the weekend. 

I certainly hope for a quick solution,  since I did pay for the conversion from CSV to TXF via investotek.com.  This was a nightmare to deal with and finally managed to convert, now it is residing somewhere in Excel as a TXF and have no clue where or how?  If I can find it than it should be easy to import, but I know that I will have to tweak the 80 or so transaction with additional information.  The only saving grace is having the 1099B from Fidelity to double check the work and the download if I ever get there.

I too tried the Excel CSV to TXF approach but it choked on my consolidated 1099. This program can’t handle any dividend or interest information. If I exclude those rows it creates a file ok but I still have to enter all other information manually and any sales whose basis is not reported to the IRS are not identified and once more have to be manually changed. Not a great solution. This is a pretty pathetic situation. 

And I’m delighted to add I just got  a 20 posts badge from Intuit. If they were as effective at fixing the problem as they are in handing out badges it would have been fixed long ago. 

import online. then save and use desktop version. worked fine for me

Today is Mar 25, 2023, I also was having problem importing Fidelity financial data.

Per someone's suggestion in this thread, i downloaded Microsoft Edge and made it the default browser to open the import process.

Voila, it worked.

I think the problem had to do with Chrome, not Fidelity or TurboTax.

Just download MS Edge and Try.

@schumia 

TurboTax has multiple modes of failures importing 1099s from various brokerages . You found a solution for one specific failure that worked for you. Unfortunately, there are a lot of us without any good solution.

Still cannot import from Fidelity.  TTax hangs on the import, does not allow any command input other than closing the program.  I have no problems importing from other financial institutions.  Edge is the only web browser on my machine. 

this is the first year of having this kind of problem and it wastes a lot of time trying to figure workarounds. 

Finally managed to upload 1099 B , Fidelity indicated glitches last week with TT although working on this since 3/12.   Previously only was able to download 1099 MiSC, no 8949 but today finally every thing worked. 

Got all excited with previous post thinking maybe everything is fixed now.  Tried to upload data from Fidelity - STILL DOES NOT WORK.  At the company I worked for, had a problem like this occurred and remained unfixed for this long with this many customers complaining, a number of people would be looking for new work.  I

Tried again after seeing someone having luck.

No such luck for me. I am using TurboTax desktop on a Mac (running latest version of all relevant software). I see the same failure I have seen for a long time -- no problem authenticating to my Intuit account, no problem authenticating to my Fidelity account, data seem to come down from Fidelity and I am prompted to open the data in TurboTax, when I do that, TurboTax says importing 1099-B unsuccessful.

Is anyone who can actually fix this seeing these messages?

GLUA
Level 3

Look through the thread. There is a solution by doing an online return. Import your data, download the file to the PC. When you do the online return, make sure you import last here's data at the beginning.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.

@baskaran 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies