Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Fidelity Investment import not working.

Thank you, I really appreciate the solutions and will work on the matter asap.  As usual get better information and solutions from members vs actual Turbo Tax staff.  My frustration even led me to Facebook, which again is of no help from whoever is monitoring this.  I wish we could at least find a credible answer from management, someone even asked me if I purchased Turbotax from Fidelity.  So there is humor in this world.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax is aware of the issue. I do apologize for the frustration that is there. I know we are providing workarounds, but that is the best way right now until anything is fully fixed. We understand you want to file as early as possible, so we try to find a way to make this happen. @Anonymous 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I never file early you have to remember in most cases you end up with a few iterations of your 1099, and coming in dribs and drabs is K1 information.  Most people wait till the last minute since I have seen new consolidated 1099  as late as the first week of April.

First Refreshing response from TT service provider CarissaM states  #1. TT is AWARE of the inability to import 1099 information to the tax return.  2.  TT is currently working to provide the tax 1099 import to seamlessly work as it has in the recent pass.  3.  All the work-arounds are a temporary fit while awaiting the correct software adjustment to make the import effortlessly work correctly as in the past.  

This is the first time I read a thread stating that TT is not currently working as it is expected and efforts are under way to make the needed adjustments. Dates for the soonest possible time that TT will be up and running correctly and the latest date the repair will be completed needs to be included. Thank you for finally taking responsibility and communicating a plan of action.  

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are happy to be of assistance. Please let us know if we can assist you further currently. @MumofPaints 

March 19, 2022.  Still cannot import Fidelity Statements to TurboTax.  Get failure every time

March19.  TurboTax will still not import Fidelity Tax information.

they will fix April 14 and say "we fixed it before the deadline".... amazing....i work in IT company and we fix bug in matter of hours when it impact too many people...so i guess we are just few unlucky people.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was an update 1–2 days ago, but that didn’t fix the 1099-B issue…  based on this forum and Reddit this is affecting more people so really surprised by the lack of urgency on TurboTax side. 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@tollesont 

You may want to check and make sure your financial institution or brokerage is a TurboTax 1099 partner. If it is and you are still having issues, please see the FAQ link provided below for assistance:

What if I can't import my 1099?

You can also try the steps provided below to see if that resolves your issue:

• Log completely out of your TurboTax account
  • Clear cache and delete cookies
  • Then log back in and see if you are still having the same issue

You can also try using a different web browser. Please respond back here if this does not resolve your issue.

GLUA
Level 3

Nice try but the title of the post indicates Fidelity.  I know Fidelity is a partner.  I have tried many things but the only solution for me was to create an online return, import the 1099s from Fidelity and download to TT desktop.

Hey expert, thank you thank you, I give you 3 stars and a intergalactic award for making my day.  We are in SWFL and hassling every day with the damage of Ian hurricane, the problems with the insurance companies, the trades that dont return phone calls, and the myriad of problems associated with trying to get back to a normal life.  I dont need in the midst of tax season another fiasco as the Fidelity issue, but your contribution did make me laught.

Again thank you for your input, you put a smile on my face and again reconfirm the imcompetence of our society today.

Mjpb52…. I continue watching this TT thread as I am shocked that TT has not resolved this yet. I was on the fence about giving my taxes to an accountant as I am getting older. Needless to say after using TT over 10 years, this import issue made my decision. I got into this 14+ thread to sincerely Thank you for your response! I shook my head when I saw the TT Expert ask if Fidelity is a partner, but YOUR response NAILED it! Prayers that your IAN situation gets resolved soon. 

@TiffanyL 

Before posting your so called “expert” opinions, please review this entire thread and other threads about numerous problems with importing tax data from Fidelity Investments. 

If you had done that you wouldn’t waste you customers’ precious time with your useless suggestions.

I went through the ugly workaround of round tripping my last year tax return online just to import Fidelity data. I filed my returns. Now I get corrected data notifications from Fidelity. I cannot easily amend by importing the corrections from Fidelity 🥲. 

Intuit has failed miserably this time. I have been using MacInTax since the 1990’s, way before it got renamed as TurboTax. I am not sure if I will continue any longer.

Baskaran

MUMofPants    Well hopefully your accountant will be able with his software to possibly download since it is a TT problem.  I trade a great deal with Interactive Brokers and at least they offer various downloads, including TXF, CSV or PDF which can be downloaded with TT via IMPORT>Account services  vs Financial Services.  I spoke to Fidelity and they were of no help.  They would not let me discuss with them the ability to offer even PDF that can be converted to CSV and finally TXF .  I utilize Quicken 2015 have never used their uptodate subscription service but if you use them for trading (monitoring) it will create a TXF file.  

So we are all stuck waiting although I will try the fix online this weekend, since I just finished two other family federals .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies