Primary holder of a joint account, stocks were sold but under secondary owner, how to report the proceeds under secondary owner?

tax123

I had a joint account with a relative.  We had a joint account and he had his own login, I was the primary holder of the account. My relative logged in sold shares. When the tax forms were sent out, me, the primary holder, i have to pay the capital gains on that sale. Is it possible for the secondary account holder to report on the capital gains and not me? 

Can I add the 1099 brokerage form to their income on Turbotax and remove it from my investment income for 2018?

DDollar

It's not that simple.  See the answer to a similar question answered previously by one of our SuperUsers: