Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Not able to import Robinhood 1099 form

Hi,

I have received 1099 form from Robin hood but while importing am getting below error.

Please advise if any one is facing similar issue and how to fix this . Also is there a way we can get the 1099 form in csv format from Robinhood.

You can ask the financial institution if you'll get this form, and return to import it when it's available.

If you already have the info, you can enter it by hand. (902)

Thanks,
Kiran
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

39 Replies

I'm getting the same error and was wondering the same thing.  Maybe the forms aren't ready yet despite us having access to them?

teckel1212
Returning Member

Same issue here.  My Robinhood tax form was just made available today, so maybe there's a delay?  I'll try again every few days.

ravikssp

Please help us for importing the taxes from Robinhood. TurboTax website failed to import. Try urself before respond to this message

It is currently not functional ... probably too early ... try again later. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for importing 1099's - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-import-my-1099/01/26254

Prejith
Returning Member

I have the same problem on this. Any one got it resolved ?

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

From time to time the broker's format is not compatible with TurboTax.

If you only have a few trades you can post them manually.                                                              

Income & Expenses

1. Scroll to Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other
  2. Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2020?
  3. On the OK, what type of investments did you sell? screen, select Stock, Bonds, Mutual Funds. Then select Continue.
  4. From here, you can import or manually enter your 1099-B.
  5. Answer the questions about your sales. Choose to Enter sales one by one when asked.
  6. On the Now, we'll enter one sale on your 1099-B screen, enter your info.

However, if there are more than a few you can quickly enter this manually also. 

Your brokerage statements should include a summary of your transactions, grouped by sales category.

There are seven possible "Box" designations that indicate the holding period (Long/Short Term) and the reporting status.  These are the only ones you have to summarize. If you want to manually enter your 1099-B as the summaries.

1. Tell us about your 1099-B sales for this  account
  2. Answer the questions
  3. Since you have more than a few  sales, we recommend entering sales section totals
  4. Continue
  5. Before entering sales section totals, take a moment to find them on your 1099-B
  6. Continue
  7. Now, we'll enter one sales section total on your  1099-B
  8. Use the drop down menu to select the correct designation.

Code A. This code indicates a short-term transaction for which the cost or other basis is being reported to the IRS.

Code B. This code indicates a short-term transaction for which the cost or other basis is not being reported to the IRS.  

Box C. Report on a Part I with box C checked all short-term transactions for which you can't check box A or B because you didn't receive a Form 1099-B (or substitute statement). 

Code D. This code indicates a long-term transaction for which the cost or other basis is being reported to the IRS.

Code E. This code indicates a long-term transaction for which the cost or other basis is not being reported to the IRS.  

Box F.  Report on a Part II with box F checked all long-term transactions for which you can't check box D or E because you didn't receive a Form 1099-B (or substitute statement).

Code X. Use this code to report a transaction if you cannot determine whether the recipient should check box B or box E on Form 8949 because the holding period is unknown.

Open or continue your return (if it's not already open) and search inside TurboTax for the phrase stock sales.

1. Select the Jump to link in the search results.
  2. Answer Yes to both Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments? and Did or will you receive a 1099-B form or brokerage statement for these sales?
  3. If you land on Here are all your 1099-B sales, select Add sales from a different brokerage. Then answer Yes to Did or will you receive a 1099-B form or brokerage statement for these sales?
  4. When asked how you want to enter your 1099-B, select I'll type it in myself.
  5. Select or enter your brokerage on the next screen and continue.
  6. On the following screen (Tell us about...), answer the questions until you reach the next screen. Select the second option, Let's enter a summary instead, and select Continue.
  7. You'll now be able to enter the total proceeds (sales) and cost basis, along with the sales category. Refer to your 1099-B for the amounts and category. When finished, select Continue.
  8. When you are done, you'll eventually come to the Here's a summary of your broker sales screen where you can edit, delete, or enter more sales.

You will have to mail a copy of your 1099-B to the IRS.  TurboTax will produce a Form 8453. You print the Form 8453 and attach the brokerage statement(s) to it. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ditmar

I have the exact same problem. The only reason for me to use Turbo tax was auto import and now I may not unless fixed

atxoh

Same issue. I have tried yesterday when my form was first made available on Robinhood and today. It pops an error box that reads, "Robinhood - Robinhood Securities: Invalid Signon".

No further explanation is provided. No word from TurboTax on why this is happening or a timeline for a fix. 

Same. I’m getting an error 2302. It’s obviously a Robinhood issue. Dispute having to wait until February 18 for Robinhood to provide access to all the forms (which is not an industry standard) now the import isn’t working. But is anyone surprised? Robinhood has a history of not functioning correctly. They did something similar last year too. 

I cannot import also, i have tried reaching out to Robinhood and the response on phone was i need to buy turbotax thru the link on their app. Through email, they responded either my SSN had changed or i had over 500 transactions. Neither are true. This is frustrating

Spoolings

@JohnB5677 
So are you saying this is not going to be Fixed?

What’s the last sentence about mailing a form to the IRS??  Why are we paying for premium services for a product that is not doing what it purchased to do!!

Last year, I believe, Robinhood sent out corrected forms AFTER many ppl had used the forms/info from Robinhood to file their taxes and had to refile. 

dashestock
Returning Member

I have the same issue so I ended up just inputting it by sales section and put the summary in since it’s the same thing but then I have an issue where TurboTax says ensure the numbers are correct which they are so they aren’t allowing me to file but when I go on other sites it allows me to file with the same information. Could it be a software issue?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies