My Alabama return is showing rental income but it ...

jschenk21

My Alabama return is showing rental income but it is $0 on the Federal return. So, I'm unable to e-file my AL return until this gets corrected. How can I resolve?

Right now the return is showing an incorrect and outdated amount that I used to be showing in the return prior to entering additional expenses and depreciation and on the Federal screens (i.e. AL isn't getting properly refreshed).  Specifically the amount on Form 40, Pg. 2, Part I, line 6, is not equal to the aggregate amount reported as Total Income or (Loss) from my Alabama Schedule E, line 25, and thus is not eligible for electronic filing.
DianeC958

If there is no rental income on the Federal return and you do not have rental income you can delete the forms for Alabama.

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

The state forms are towards the bottom of the list.