turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ThomasM

It says i have capital gains or losses (schedule d), but i have no idea what this is and how it applies to me.

Is it listed as a capital gain or loss?
ThomasM

It says i have capital gains or losses (schedule d), but i have no idea what this is and how it applies to me.

And is that the only cap gain/loss listed?
dmwjr1337

appears to be gain
ThomasM

Is that the only item listed?
ThomasM

If that is the only item listed -- no other gains or losses -- then, since TurboTax (and IRS) round numbers, your 33 cents would round to zero and you would not need to report it on your tax return.  But you want to make sure that it's the only item.
dmwjr1337

here is what it says <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://oi64.tinypic.com/2lxyv5h.jpg">http://oi64.tinypic.com/2lxyv5h.jpg</a>
dmwjr1337

looks like 1 item to me
ThomasM

You've got two short-term stock sales and are required to report these on your return.  Notice the page says "3 of 8" which means there's more to this statement.  There may be another section of "long-term" sales as well, with additional trades.  In order to report stock trades, an upgrade to Premier is required because Form 8949 and Schedule D must be prepared.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies