turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

egarza735

In Texas, If I cannot claim miles on my Taxi service and I do not want to look for all my gas/repairs tickets, is their a standard amount I can expense?

If I cannot claim miles on my Taxi service and I do not want to look for all my gas/repairs tickets, is their a standard amount I can expense?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

In Texas, If I cannot claim miles on my Taxi service and I do not want to look for all my gas/repairs tickets, is their a standard amount I can expense?

Why can you not claim the per-mile deduction?

Your choices are the per-mile deduction or actual expenses. Typically, actual expenses is only used if the vehicle is 100% business use. But that's not a hard fast rule.

Once you use actual expenses for the vehicle (even if it's the first year you used it for business), you can't switch to standard mileage rate. You must continue using actual expenses as long as you use that car for business.

Hal_Al
Level 15

@egarza735 said " In Texas, If I cannot claim miles on my Taxi service".

That just not true.  IRS rules are not "by state". They're the same in all states. 

Texas does not have state income tax.

I think OP meant Taxes, not Texas.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies