Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I accidentally deleted a rental property from my list of properties. How do I get back the info that I had on my 2017 return including depreciation

I need accumulated depreciation. from previous tax return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

I accidentally deleted a rental property from my list of properties. How do I get back the info that I had on my 2017 return including depreciation

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, first check to see if the Asset Worksheet is still there by going to Forms mode and looking under "Forms in My Return".   If the information is not there, you have two other methods:

• Re-create the rental property and re-enter all the set-up information.  You will have to enter exactly the same way to get the same accumulated depreciation.  You can get that information from the 2017 return.
  • Start a new return, and transfer the 2017 to it.  You will have to re-do whatever you have done for 2018 so far.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, first check to see if the Asset Worksheet is still there by going to Forms mode and looking under "Forms in My Return".   If the information is not there, you have two other methods:

• Re-create the rental property and re-enter all the set-up information.  You will have to enter exactly the same way to get the same accumulated depreciation.  You can get that information from the 2017 return.
  • Start a new return, and transfer the 2017 to it.  You will have to re-do whatever you have done for 2018 so far.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies