Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
rreeder187

If we filed a K-1 form in previous years, from an Investment Bank, don't we need to continue? We haven't received the K-1 yet.

HelenaC

Your bank has until mid March to mail you your K-1. Contact the bank to see if they will be sending one. 

The tricky part for you, the taxpayer, with a K-1 is timing. Unlike 1099 and W-2 forms, which are due to the taxpayer by the end of January (mid-February at the latest), a K-1 isn’t due until mid-March. Since businesses need more time to file their tax returns, the K-1 isn’t due until March 15th. 

Related information: Where do I enter a K-1 that I received?

HelenaC