TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
4474 people found this useful

Where do I enter a K-1 that I received?

Schedule K-1s are issued by pass-through entities (partnerships, S corporations, estates, trusts, and LLCs). These entities don't pay income tax on the profits and losses that are "passed through" to their partners, owners, shareholders, or beneficiaries on Schedule K-1. The recipients then report the K-1 on their own personal tax returns.

Your K-1 may not arrive until March, April, or even later. This is because the pass-through entity needs to complete their tax return before they can distribute K-1s.

For TurboTax Online

If you haven't filed yet:

1. Open your return in TurboTax.  (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and then select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In your TurboTax program, search for K-1 and select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. This will take you to the Schedules K-1 or Q screen.
  4. Answer Yes and follow the prompts. You may be prompted to upgrade to Premier, if you are using the Federal Free version of TurboTax.
  5. We’ll ask some questions about your K-1, and then you’ll enter the data from the form into TurboTax.

If you already filed your return
If your e-filed return was already accepted or you already mailed your return in, you'll need to amend to add the K-1 to your tax return.

Here's an example of how to use search.

For TurboTax CD/Download

If you haven't filed yet:

1. In your TurboTax program, search for K-1 and select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. This will take you to the Schedule K-1 and Schedule Q screen.
  3. Answer Yes and follow the prompts.
  4. We’ll ask some questions about your K-1, and then you’ll enter the data from the form into TurboTax.

If you already filed your return
If your e-filed return was already accepted or you already mailed your return in, you'll need to amend to add the K-1 to your tax return.

GEN12344
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L0GrC2Hcd_US_en_US