TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
3487 people found this useful

Where do I enter a K-1 that I received?

Unlike W-2 and 1099 forms which are usually delivered by February, your K-1 may not arrive until March, April, or even later. This is because the K-1 issuer needs to complete their tax return before they can send out Schedule K-1.

Form K-1 must be entered manually into TurboTax
K-1 could previously be imported into TurboTax. However, at this time the form must be entered manually.

For TurboTax Online

If you haven't filed yet:

1. Open your return in TurboTax.
    (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and then click the orange Take me to my return button.)
  2. In your TurboTax program, search for K-1 or K1 (lower-case works too) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. This will take you to the Schedules K-1 or Q screen.
  4. Answer Yes and follow the prompts.
    • Note: You may be prompted to upgrade to Premier, depending on which version of TurboTax you're using.
  5. We’ll ask some questions about your K-1, and then you’ll enter the data from the form into TurboTax.

If you already filed your return
If your e-filed return was already accepted or you already mailed your return in, you'll need to amend to add the K-1 to your taxes.

For TurboTax CD/Download

If you haven't filed yet:

1. In your TurboTax program, search for K-1 or K1 (lower-case works too) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. This will take you to the Schedule K-1 and Schedule Q screen.
  3. Answer Yes and follow the prompts.
    • Note: You may be prompted to upgrade to Premier, depending on which version of TurboTax you're using.
  4. We’ll ask some questions about your K-1, and then you’ll enter the data from the form into TurboTax.

If you already filed your return
If your e-filed return was already accepted or you already mailed your return in, you'll need to amend to add the K-1 to your taxes.

Related Information:

GEN12344