I've 1 house with 2 1098s. I refinanced the origin...

I've 1 house with 2 1098s. I refinanced the original loan for improvements. On 1st 1098 do I say no this is the original loan I used to buy my home? And on 2nd say yes?

This is the question I have with regards to answering the Turbo Tax question: Is this loan a home equity line of credit or a loan you've ever refinanced.

If the loan was refinanced or moved to a different lender in 2020 and you have two 1098's to enter:

First, delete both 1098's if you  started to enter them. Do NOT try to edit them.

Enter the older loan first, enter box 2 as it is reported, 

THERE WILL BE A SCREEN ASKING "WAS THIS LOAN PAID OFF OR SOLD IN 2020?"  CLICK "YES" 

(this screen will not appear if you go back and edit)

Continue through the interview

Next, enter the second 1098

If box 2 is blank, enter zero, otherwise enter what is in box 2. DO NOT LEAVE IT BLANK

Continue through the interview questions. Do not select that it is a HELC. 

Since you clicked that the first 1098 was paid off or refinanced with a different lender, the mortgage balances (box 2) will not be added together. 

Thanks for your response.