turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maho88

I selected that my Rental Property was eligible for the QBI Deduction. Now I realise that was incorrect - but I can't figure out to turn QBI off.

Just a question about the software, not a question about the tax law.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

I selected that my Rental Property was eligible for the QBI Deduction. Now I realise that was incorrect - but I can't figure out to turn QBI off.

The Qualified Business Income (QBI) question comes up for a rental property as you are leaving that section of your return. 

To get back to the question, go to your list of rental properties on the Rental and Royalty Summary page and click Edit beside the property name.  You do not need to go into any of the income or expense categories.  Click Done With Rental Property.  The QBI question will be in the follow-up screens that you see as you are getting out of the rental section.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

The Qualified Business Income (QBI) question comes up for a rental property as you are leaving that section of your return. 

To get back to the question, go to your list of rental properties on the Rental and Royalty Summary page and click Edit beside the property name.  You do not need to go into any of the income or expense categories.  Click Done With Rental Property.  The QBI question will be in the follow-up screens that you see as you are getting out of the rental section.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies