turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I paid an independent contractor >$600 for repairs on my rental property this year. I've issued a 1099-MISC to the contractor. How do I report this to the IRS?

You'll never get an answer.

I paid an independent contractor >$600 for repairs on my rental property this year. I've issued a 1099-MISC to the contractor. How do I report this to the IRS?

No changes were made to the rules in this regard by the tax reform.
If you insist on sending a 1099-MISC to someone, do it early (deadline Jan31) or you will have some upset contractors on your hands. They may have filed already.

According to the tax code, I issued the Form 1099-MISC to my gardener. How do I report this using my TurboTax Primer?

I believe that it is required by the IRS to issue the Form 1099-MISC. Hopefully, TurboTax Primer support this code.

Thank you,

David

@l18david   Is this a business expense?  Individuals do not issue 1099Misc or 1099NEC.  You can't use Premier.  You need either the Online Self Employed version or the Desktop Home & Business program to prepare 1099.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies