I need to do 1031 exchange and I am a bit lost with it. Can anyone help with rental real estate 1031 exchange that has some proceeds paid to owner?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to do 1031 exchange and I am a bit lost with it. Can anyone help with rental real estate 1031 exchange that has some proceeds paid to owner?

I have 1031 exchange with payout and have difficulties with accurately reporting it in tax return.  Old property is sold new acquired and little over $7000 paid to owner.  Sold property was in his possession since1985 so difference between cost/ adjusted basis and market value is large.  He also received Proceeds from real estate transactions with box 2 amount $83333.34.  I am not sure that I am calculating gain properly or that I am doing it correctly in Turbo Tax.  Can you please help?

1 Reply

Here is a link with information that might be of assistance:https://www.realwealthnetwork.com/learn/how-to-do-a-1031-exchange-rules-definitions/

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings