Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to get a hold of someone at TurboTax that can help me with how TurboTax calculated depreciation on my rental property for 2022 so I can share with accountant

I tried asking for help but got response that I can't be connected to anyone unless I choose a product and start with taxes.  I just need someone to share how the depreciation was calculated specifically with the numbers used so I can share with my accountant.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I'm trying to get a hold of someone at TurboTax that can help me with how TurboTax calculated depreciation on my rental property for 2022 so I can share with accountant

You can contact Support: What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

Also, you can post more details here.

Don't know if this is only for Schedule C or works for Schedule E too.  

The actual Form 4562 that is filed with your return is just a Summary of the Depreciation for the current year and only lists out the new assets and not the prior the items. You may have a 4562 Depreciation and Amortization Report which does list all the items including fully depreciated items.

If you don't have the 4562 Depreciation and Amortization Report or need more info you need the Asset Life History. The history is only available in the Desktop program not the Online version. If you are using the Online version you would have to download your .tax2022 file and open it in the 2022 desktop program.

Using the Desktop program you can get an Asset Life History worksheet but you have to do it in Forms Mode, click Forms in the upper right (upper left for Mac) You can't get detailed worksheet showing all the assets but you can get the Asset Life History on each one. It doesn't print out with your return or save in the pdf. So you have to print each Asset Life History individually.

You can buy the prior year Desktop programs here,  or if you paid for  the Online version maybe support will give you the desktop program.   You might not have to pay for 2023 to talk to support, just start a current return.  
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products
You will need a full Windows or Mac to install it on.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies