turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

charles2

I leased a second unit in a strip mall in order to expand my business from a Salon to a Salon & Spa? Where do I deduct remodeling expenses of the second unit?

Second unit is right beside existing unit. All clients enter through original unit and access the new spa through a door within the salon.The front door of the new unit remains locked at all times. Insurance classifies both units as a single business because of these two things.

Where would I deduct all the expenses incurred in retrofitting the new unit to meet my needs. The unit was previously used as an animal hospital. I'm talking about things like cleanup to pass code, construction to tear down and rebuild walls and entrance door from the salon, electrical work, painting, installation of a shower. The unit was basically gutted and rebuilt. We used a single contractor for just about all of the work. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cindy0H

I leased a second unit in a strip mall in order to expand my business from a Salon to a Salon & Spa? Where do I deduct remodeling expenses of the second unit?

Margaret answers this question quite completely. The information is still current.

If you have other questions about this, ask in the comment section below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5805266

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Cindy0H

Margaret answers this question quite completely. The information is still current.

If you have other questions about this, ask in the comment section below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5805266

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies