sarahalmulla

I invested $1000 in some stocks this last year, but I have not traded, sold or received dividends, do I have to/how do I claim them?

I was fairly certain that they only need to be claimed if I made some form of profit from them, but being that I just bought them, and have not had any further activity with them, the investment was not a source of income. Am I correct in my understanding?

ToddL

You are correct. Unless you receive dividend income or sell them for a gain (or loss), you do not need to report the purchase of the stock.

ToddL