turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have only received my 1,800 and that was supposed to be for last year, but I got the 1,800 on April 7th. When or how will I get my other payments, i.e 800/1400?

I have only received my first stimulus check, I did not receive my second and third, the reason I didn't get my stimulus last year was because I accidentally filled in the box saying "I can be claimed as dependent" which I read wrong and thus didn't get my stimulus last year, I called them and they said "I have to fill in a different form and then they never got back to me or that I had to wait to do my taxes next year, well here we are and they didn't believe it would go on till the next year. What do I do or is there something else that I missed out now?
This time for the box of being dependent I didn't fill and I filled out as "independent", that may be the reason I got my 1,800
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

I have only received my 1,800 and that was supposed to be for last year, but I got the 1,800 on April 7th. When or how will I get my other payments, i.e 800/1400?

If you got  the Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of Form 1040 of $1,800 then you received the first and second stimulus ($1,200 + $600 = $1,800). 

The IRS is still sending out the third stimulus payment please check  IRS Get My Payment for details.

• If you have an adjusted gross income (AGI) under $75,000 ($150,000 married filing jointly), you will be eligible for the full $1,400 stimulus payment.  
  • Payments will begin to be reduced for individuals making $75,000 or above in AGI ($150,000 for married filing jointly.)
  • Once your AGI reaches $80,000 for individuals ($160,000 married filing jointly) you will be ineligible for a payment.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If you got  the Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of Form 1040 of $1,800 then you received the first and second stimulus ($1,200 + $600 = $1,800). 

The IRS is still sending out the third stimulus payment please check  IRS Get My Payment for details.

• If you have an adjusted gross income (AGI) under $75,000 ($150,000 married filing jointly), you will be eligible for the full $1,400 stimulus payment.  
  • Payments will begin to be reduced for individuals making $75,000 or above in AGI ($150,000 for married filing jointly.)
  • Once your AGI reaches $80,000 for individuals ($160,000 married filing jointly) you will be ineligible for a payment.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much for this, I waited and not its almost been two months, I thought it was a minor problem, but it seems like it's not budging, when I enter my info and click "get my payment" this pops up (((Errors have occurred:

The information you have entered does not match our records. Please try again.

If your most recent tax return was filed by mail, it may not have been processed and you may need to try again with an earlier tax year. For example, if you filed your 2020 tax return by mail, you may need to enter information from your 2019 tax return.)))

I don't know what the problem is now, I really need help as the financial situation isn't going well for me, please help and thank you once again.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies