purdy_m

I have a renter that lived 11 month free, refused to pay rent, where do I claim this loss on my taxes

tagteam

If, previously, you never reported any rental income from this renter on your income tax return, you cannot claim a loss for rent payments you did not receive.

You can't deduct income you never received.  You will just have less income to report.  You take the loss by still deducting all your expenses.  

Carl

There is no loss. Not a single penny. You just have no rental income to report for 11 months.  You can not claim a loss of that which you never received and never paid taxes on in the first place.