dani96gopack

I had saving bonds that I cashed this year. What area do I put that in?

MargaretL

Cashing savings bonds is reported on form 1099-INT. Please follow steps below for data entry:

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Wages & Income
  3. Interest & Dividends, select Interest on 1099-INT - be sure to check the box My form has info in more than just box 1 (see pic)

Note: If the bank where you cashed the bonds does not issue the form 1099-INT - in TurboTax - you should report the interest AS IF you received the form. Use the bank name as the payer and enter the interest in box 3; no additional reporting is needed. 

MargaretL

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Wages & Income