Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lynnirby

I do not on rental property I have my on cleaning service but they keep asking me how many days I rented my rental property and used it for personal use?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I do not on rental property I have my on cleaning service but they keep asking me how many days I rented my rental property and used it for personal use?

The question is simple ... how many days did you have renters use the property and how many days  did you use the property personally (like a renter would use it) ?   This is to determine if the "vacation home rules" come into play where the owners use the vacation home personally.  If you never sleep there then the personal use would be zero.  It is very possible that you only rented the home for 60 days last year and had zero days personal use ... the total between the 2 does NOT need to add up to 365 days.

Hal_Al
Level 15

You've entered something wrong.

It sounds like you may have gotten a form 1099-Misc, from a client, with the amount in box 1 instead of box 3.  The solution, in that case, is enter the amount in box 3 (instead of box 1) at the 1099-Misc screen, in TurboTax. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies