Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mmombo

I did not sell stock but received a 1099b for Mylan which was merged ? with Viatris. How to report?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

I did not sell stock but received a 1099b for Mylan which was merged ? with Viatris. How to report?

Yes, you should report your 1099-B.

Generic drug maker Mylan officially combined with Pfizer Inc.’s Upjohn unit to form a new company called Viatris.

If you received a 1099-B it's likely you have a reportable transaction and should enter the 1099-B in your tax filling. 

-follow this link for instructions on filing a 1099-B-

Where do I enter a 1099-B?

This is a taxable event for Mylan shareholders. It is treated as a sale of Mylan for the value of the Viatris shares received. This is followed by a purchase of the Viatris shares received. The sale proceeds and the total cost of the purchase should be the same in this situation.

OleanaWV

Where do I find the answer to the question: What type of investment did you sell? When filling out the 1099B portion of my taxes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies