alyssamueller

I did not earn enough money this year to pay tax. I am getting all of my tax money refunded. I sold mutual shares. Even with the shares sold, I do not owe tax. Do I have

to add it to my return? I have to file a return because I am getting back $232, but I can file a free return if I don't have to add in the mutual fund sales. Turbo Tax is going to charge me $70 to report the mutual fund sales.

If you qualify to use it, there is another full-featured free version of the software:

Try Free File: 

You qualify if your income was $36,000 or less, or $69,000 or less if active duty military, or if you qualify for Earned Income Credit

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900583-what-is-turbotax-free-file-program

If you switch to Free File you must create a new account and new user ID.