turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jspear1366leg
Returning Member

I cannot get 1099-div (2018) from Computershare (Comerica) It is a rollover of dividends purchasing more stock. I have received 1099-div's in the past. Please advise? JKS

I have tried everything I can think of to get a 1099-div from Computershare (Comerica). They keep saying that I may have made less than ten dollars in dividends last year (2018). I know that this isn't the case. Also, I have received 1099-div's for at least the last five years previous to 2018. I can figure out what dividends were paid in 2018 by looking at my dividends reinvestment reports. The dividends were not withdrawn but were rolled over to purchase more shares. This is not a retirement account. Did this change with the new tax laws? Please advise on how I should proceed. Thank you, JKS/ATS

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I cannot get 1099-div (2018) from Computershare (Comerica) It is a rollover of dividends purchasing more stock. I have received 1099-div's in the past. Please advise? JKS

To enter your dividends, you can create a 1099-DIV, even if you did not receive one from your brokerage.  Do do this,

• In your Federal Return, choose the tab for Wages & Income
  • Scroll down to the topic Dividends on 1099-DIV (you may have to click Add more income and See a list to find it) and choose Start/Edit
  • Choose Edit if you already started or + Add more income to enter your 1099-DIV
  • If you haven't started already, on the next page, scroll down and choose the gray button in the lower rightI'll type it in myself. 
  • On the page Let's get your 1099-DIV or brokerage statement details enter your brokerage name and the dividends you have calculated. 

Banks and brokerage houses are not required to report "de minimus" amounts to you, but  - as you seem to be aware - you are still required to report this income on your return.  This is not new with the current tax laws, but it does seem to be more prevalent. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

To enter your dividends, you can create a 1099-DIV, even if you did not receive one from your brokerage.  Do do this,

• In your Federal Return, choose the tab for Wages & Income
  • Scroll down to the topic Dividends on 1099-DIV (you may have to click Add more income and See a list to find it) and choose Start/Edit
  • Choose Edit if you already started or + Add more income to enter your 1099-DIV
  • If you haven't started already, on the next page, scroll down and choose the gray button in the lower rightI'll type it in myself. 
  • On the page Let's get your 1099-DIV or brokerage statement details enter your brokerage name and the dividends you have calculated. 

Banks and brokerage houses are not required to report "de minimus" amounts to you, but  - as you seem to be aware - you are still required to report this income on your return.  This is not new with the current tax laws, but it does seem to be more prevalent. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies