turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dsdina

I am being asked to fix an entry in my schedule E form, line 4, for Royalty Income. But I don't have any. Turbo Tax won't accept that it is 0 and keeps asking to fix.

I'm encountering the same issue. Have tried everything listed. This is so frustrating!!! no help or support and endless circle for this stupid Rental Royalty from hell. Is this a ploy to get us to pay extra for support?

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

I am being asked to fix an entry in my schedule E form, line 4, for Royalty Income. But I don't have any. Turbo Tax won't accept that it is 0 and keeps asking to fix.

Please clarify what error you are trying to resolve. What have you entered and where?

This is an old thread that may not have updated information for your situation.

@dsdina 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TracyD71

I do not have any rentals or royalties.  Smart check keeps trying to force me to put a property type on Schedule E.  I have tried to delete the form and it won't let me.  HELP

TracyD71

see my message below.  I do not have royalties or rentals and Smart Check keeps wanting information in the property description field.  I don't have any property that I rent

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Have you entered any Forms 1099? If so, you may need to delete your entry under the 1099 topic.

Also consider other sources of income that you've entered other than W-2 wages.

If SmartCheck presents you with a subform to complete, scroll down to see if you recognize the income that's been added to the form.

Several posts on this thread have instructions for removing income and/or forms that may be causing this SmartCheck message.

@TracyD71 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies