Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to handle NMWHFIT ADDITIONAL WRITTEN STATEMENT for GLD ETF investment

Last year I purchased GLD ETF using automatic investment of $250 every month but I didn't sell any GLD stocks. But this year along with the 1099 forms, I got NMWHFIT ADDITIONAL WRITTEN STATEMENT from Etrade. It mentions about cost basis adj amount   $ −4.95 (Note -ve value). Please note my 1099 forms doesn't have any entry for GLD as there was no Sale. Am I suppose to do anything in the tax return based on NMWHFIT ADDITIONAL WRITTEN STATEMENT ?  If yes, Kindly advise how to handle this. Thanks in advance.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

Yes, you are.  The Grantor Trust Tax Reporting Statement provides an example of how investors in GLD should report their pro rata sale of GLD that the ETF effects to cover GLD fees.  Page 11 provides an example of what an investor should report on their tax return assuming they bought GLD during the year and held GLD at year end.  This example seems to mirror your situation.  

Therefore, review the steps provided in the example on page 11 and apply them to your situation to determine what you should report on your tax return.  Moreover, keep your computations along with the Grantor Trust Tax Reporting Statement in the event you need to substantiate your calculations.

2022 Grantor Trust Tax Reporting Statement for GLD

[Edited 03/30/2023 | 8:55am PST]

@sujiths80 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

Yes, you are.  The Grantor Trust Tax Reporting Statement provides an example of how investors in GLD should report their pro rata sale of GLD that the ETF effects to cover GLD fees.  Page 11 provides an example of what an investor should report on their tax return assuming they bought GLD during the year and held GLD at year end.  This example seems to mirror your situation.  

Therefore, review the steps provided in the example on page 11 and apply them to your situation to determine what you should report on your tax return.  Moreover, keep your computations along with the Grantor Trust Tax Reporting Statement in the event you need to substantiate your calculations.

2022 Grantor Trust Tax Reporting Statement for GLD

[Edited 03/30/2023 | 8:55am PST]

@sujiths80 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies