Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mojito92

How do I file taxes for free robinhood stock? I was given Sprint stock in 2018 and it automatically sold off in 2020 due to sprint-T-Mobile merger. I didn’t receive 1099

Due to it being under the threshold of $600 in referral stocks, robinhood did not send me a 1099 . I also didn’t not buy or sell any stocks in this account. I signed up for robinhood, got the free stock, and forgot about it. How do I file it in my taxes for 2020 (the year it was sold)?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I file taxes for free robinhood stock? I was given Sprint stock in 2018 and it automatically sold off in 2020 due to sprint-T-Mobile merger. I didn’t receive 1099

Log into Robinhood ... since you had a sale it will be reported on a 1099-B which you can get from the tax docs section. 

Mojito92

As mentioned in the original post. There is no form that was given via email nor on the robinhood website due to not meeting the $600 dollar threshold so there is no way to get one from them. This is why I’m so confused on how to file it on turbotax since the entry blocks state to input information from a 1099, which i did not receive from robinhood

Simply enter the sale as if you did get a 1099-B...

To enter an investment sale from a brokerage account (1099-B), follow the steps below.

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on
  • Under Investment Income
  • On Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other, click the start or update button
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies