fanchunrong

How do I deduct inspection cost for my rental property? Where should I enter in turbo tax? I bought the property in 2017

MinhT

If the inspection cost is incurred to get the property ready for rental, it is not deductible as a rental expense.

If the inspection is incurred while the property was already on the rental market, it is deductible as a rental expense (under Professional Fees).

fanchunrong

It was the inspection for purchasing the property. Can I enter as the depreciation?
MinhT

You add this cost to the cost basis of your property to be depreciated.
aubreytaxes00

where does this cost and others get entered in TurboTax Home & Business, along with rental home search expenses
yupod

I think it goes to "Any other adjustments?", "Enter any other increases and decreases to you property's value"