turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bstedman5

How can I change passive income to non passive for trust previous help said to follow the prompts after rental and I entered no but still shows as passive on k1 letter I

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How can I change passive income to non passive for trust previous help said to follow the prompts after rental and I entered no but still shows as passive on k1 letter I

What form are you filling in ?   The 1040 or the trust 1041?  

bstedman5

I am filing a 1041 but need to have income as not passive and show as letter d on the K1 not the letter I for passive

Income from a trust is usually passive since the trust cannot work and earn wages ... so changing it to non passive is not an option especially since rental income is always passive.  You probably should talk to a local tax professional to get educated in these matters and to get the 1041 filed correctly. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies