turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello! I completed my 1099-B (and Worksheet exported), but I can see that a lot of positions in column "Sale Results for Form 8949" got "BYPASS8949" value. Is it ok?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Hello! I completed my 1099-B (and Worksheet exported), but I can see that a lot of positions in column "Sale Results for Form 8949" got "BYPASS8949" value. Is it ok?

you're the first to post about "BYPASS8949".

I don't know what that is but it probably means your transaction won't be listed on Form 8949.

Yes, it is not a part of 8949. I'm trying to figure out why and if everything is ok.

Gene2020

If only one person has posted about "BYPASS8949," make me a second! In my return also, Turbotax has seen fit to list random transaction summaries as BYPASS8949.  I can't tell whether the RQUICK "Continuation Statement" (which seems to know that these transaction summaries exist, and which prints at the very end if "all forms and worksheets" are printed) will be included in an electronic submission to the IRS; certainly no Form 8949 for these transactions appears if one prints "tax return only."

I’m having BYPASS8949 problems with my imported Fidelity data. Several stocks with multiple transactions each do not appear on the final 8949 and as a result the numbers do not add up to the numbers reported to the IRS. $40K in LT transactions missing, and another $50K in ST. No readily apparent way to fix, or override the problem. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies