Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1099-B

I was able to import my 1099 from 1 brokerage company, however, because I closed an account in 2023 from another brokerage company, I can't import that 1099. Notwithstanding that I'm able to print the 1099-B from that other brokerage company.

I'm able to manually input the interest, dividends and the total short-term gains/losses and the long-term gains/losses. The 1099-B says to report the gains/losses  on Form 8849, Parts I and II, however, the "walk me thru everything" doesn't take me to the Form 8849. Do I have to complete the 8849 for this brokerage company? The imported the 1099 provides the completed Form 8849.

As a separate question, do I have to list the dividend and interest details? I only included the total amounts for this these.

Thanks.

Also, 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Form 1099-B

you lisT only the toTals from the 1099-Div. do not enter any box with zeroes.

rather than take e you to form 8949 Turbotax should take you to the capital asset sale worksheet to enter those other transactions or go to the income tab, then down to investment income and click on update link for stocks, etc.  , 

Form 1099-B

Since I have more than a few salses. Turbotax asks me if I want to enter the Sales section totals or One by one. Since TT asks me, do I still have to prepare the Form 8849 or the capital asset worksheet? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies