Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JMM5
Level 2

Every 1099-B entry imported from ETrade shows up incorrectly with Adjustment Code N

I've also spoken w/ my MS/E*Trade Advisor re: this issue, who also confirmed that something is in the works re: resolving with TurboTax.

However, I wanted to add a 2nd issue to my findings and that is that for all entries on my post-MS-merger E*Trade 1099 for which the cost-basis is 0.00 (think short sale of an option), the imported data from the post-MS 1099 is empty for the cost-basis.   This means that the user must manually touch each entry and add back in the 0.00 basis, then jump thru hoops to confirm/re-confirm that 0.00 is really what they wanted.   My advisor said that although they were aware of the "N" issue, that I was the first to report the "0.00 as empty cost basis" issue.    This is only an issue for the post-MS 1099;  pre-MS 1099 from E*Trade is handled just fine and carries the 0.00 into TT w/o difficulty

Every 1099-B entry imported from ETrade shows up incorrectly with Adjustment Code N

Same issue but appears to only be impacting the desktop version, not the online version.

I’m happy to hear that they’re looking into it. I’m just wondering how many weeks/months it’ll take to get fixed.

I have the same exact problem. Would there be a fix coming from Turbotax? I tried to delete just the washsales transactions, but it is not enough. Should I delete the 2 1099Bs where the transactions are in and recreate the manually? 

wondering if/when we will get an update on this problem. I have 98 trades from Etrade/MS that need to be uploaded with the correct code. Does anyone have additional information on this?

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can someone tell us who exactly is working on a fix for the Adjustment Code N (Nominee) issue from E*trade?  Is TT working on a fix or will E*trade fix and create a revised 1099? Any information will be helpful. Thanks!

In the meantime, it would also be helpful to have a method to fix the current turbotax current imported files. E.g. is removing completely 1099Bs that have the issue with Washsales and manually adding them, resolving? I have tried to delete just the washsales entries from a 1099B set and still the fix errors in reviews is in a loop asking to clear N on those?

thanks

washed_up

My problem too!

Sure hope they fix this soon.

This is totally a MS_E*Trade post transition problem, just as it is w the non-reported UST Bill 1099-INT. I have multiple brokers, and their imports work just fine on TurboTax.

Typical of corporate America where they make acquisitions based on their name and leverage driven by sham interest rates, only to then stop working to improve customer service nor use the strengths of the acquired company.

DBBLX

1191594.png
Illinois

1191594.png

ILLINOIS

There was TT page here where TT said they were working on a fix.  I subscribed for updates.  But now it's gone.  Does that mean they stopped working in it?

Does anyone have an update?

Just got this email

Thank you for being patient while we investigate your issue.

We’re still working on a solution and we’ll send you an email once a fix is in place.

Thank you for being a TurboTax customer.

Sincerely,

TurboTax

mm720

I'm having the same problem. Flags errors, wrong code (N) that cant be changed or deleted and all adjustment amounts that are blank have to have 0.00 manually typed in. This is very annoying. After contacting Turbo Tax was advised to manually enter everything. BS, the only reason I pay for turbo tax is the seamless importing from etrade. Just wanted to add my issue here so hopefully they take this seriously and get it resolved soon.

I hear ya, but this seems like a Morgan Stanley issue. All my other brokers import seamlessly into TT, including the pre-transition E*Trade. MS just fixed the broken US Treasury 1099-Int issue, thankfully.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies