Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does TurboTax 2017 Deluxe include full support for investments such as stocks, bonds, and other investments that result in capital gains/losses?

Hi, I recently purchased TurboTax Deluxe 2017 and was wondering whether it includes support for investments such as stocks, bonds, and other investments subject to capital gains or losses. 

This answer seems to suggest that it is supported.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4147076-will-deluxe-2017-handle-mutual-fund-sales

However, the case included with the retail version seems to suggest that this feature is only available with TurboTax Premier. This page seems to suggest the same, indicating that "additional help" for investment sales is provided only in the Premier version.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4139429-with-2017-turbotax-deluxe-does-it-support-investments-sale...

To what degree are investment sales supported? Am I able to import my brokerage account information or will I have to enter each security manually?

Sorry if I'm asking the same question, but I don't want to risk opening my retail package and find out that it is useless, lol.

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does TurboTax 2017 Deluxe include full support for investments such as stocks, bonds, and other investments that result in capital gains/losses?

Yes the Desktop Deluxe version has that and can import investments.

The Online web Deluxe version won't.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes the Desktop Deluxe version has that and can import investments.

The Online web Deluxe version won't.

johnjlac

I am using TT Deluxe Desktop 2017.45.12.387 and Quicken Deluxe R5.15; both are up to date (as of 2/4/2018) and I can't seem to find a way to import stock/mutual fund sales from Q to TT.
johnjlac

While I have been successful in previous years, I have not been successful this year with TT Deluxe Desktop 2017.45.12.387 and Quicken Deluxe 2018 R5.15; both indicating up to date versions as of 2/4/2018. So far I have not been able to find menus or instructions on the process.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies