ricka11

Do not own this condo & did not sell it , but I paid $900. in sales tax to Florida for a rental sale tax fee, where can I take this $900. deduction

I do not own this property I rent it, for 4 1/2 months, it is a sale tax !!!

Where would I get to take this deduction...

tagteam

"I paid $900. in sales tax to Florida for a rental sale tax fee"

Regardless of whether the entirety qualifies as a "sales tax", the amount you paid does not qualify as a separately stated item for the purposes of the itemized "sales tax" deduction. Those separately stated items are limited to the likes of motor vehicles, planes, boats, manufactured homes and materials.

See also https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Tax-Deductions-and-Credits/How-to-Write-Off-Sales-Tax...

tagteam

ricka11

Then why is it listed as SALE TAX...