turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I say that I have no home loans in the deductions & credits section if my only home was converted to rental propety and all mortgage data entered in rental section?

I understand I can only take one credit, I am trying to clarify if TT has already taken care of the deductions section and I should say I have home loans at all, since TT would have made all the appropiate splits and adjustments automatically.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

Do I say that I have no home loans in the deductions & credits section if my only home was converted to rental propety and all mortgage data entered in rental section?

You are correct. If you entered the mortgage interest and real estate taxes, in full, into the rental section and provided all of the rental allocation information (number of days personal use, etc.), then TurboTax will allocate the mortgage interest and real estate taxes between Schedule E (for the rental portion) and Schedule A (Itemized Deductions).

So, in the personal section of TurboTax, you would not enter anything regarding the home mortgage interest.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelMc

You are correct. If you entered the mortgage interest and real estate taxes, in full, into the rental section and provided all of the rental allocation information (number of days personal use, etc.), then TurboTax will allocate the mortgage interest and real estate taxes between Schedule E (for the rental portion) and Schedule A (Itemized Deductions).

So, in the personal section of TurboTax, you would not enter anything regarding the home mortgage interest.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies