turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tdaws7

Do i qualify for the investment tax credit (ITC) when I install the solar system on my rental property in 2022 and file under my LLC? 09:20 PM

I believe I do not qualify for the residential credit but heard there is another form to qualify on the commercial side.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do i qualify for the investment tax credit (ITC) when I install the solar system on my rental property in 2022 and file under my LLC? 09:20 PM

Yes, solar on nonresident property still qualifies for a credit.  The ITC credit is reported on a different form (and is covered under a different tax code section), but it is almost the same as the residential credit.

I am not sure how to get there in TurboTax, but typing "3468" in the search box might be worth trying.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Maybe you are thinking of the Energy Efficient Home Credit

Eligible contractors use Form 8908 to claim a credit for each qualified energy efficient home sold or leased to another person during the tax year for use as a residence. The credit ($2,000 or $1,000) is based on the energy saving requirements of the home.

The credit is part of the general business credit.

Partnerships and S corporations must file this form to claim the credit. All other taxpayers aren’t required to complete or file this form if their only source for this credit is a partnership or an S corporation. Instead, they can report this credit directly on line 1p in Part III of Form 3800, General Business Credit.

Yes, solar on nonresident property still qualifies for a credit.  The ITC credit is reported on a different form (and is covered under a different tax code section), but it is almost the same as the residential credit.

I am not sure how to get there in TurboTax, but typing "3468" in the search box might be worth trying.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies