drkarin

Deducting or depreciating a washer and dryer for an in-home business that produces dirty laundry

I have clients come to my home and I am using approx. 1/4 of my space for my in-home business.  This past year I purchased a new washer and dryer and for my business I use these machines approx. 1/4 to 1/5 of the time, the rest is personal use. Should I add these appliances as assets to be deducted/depreciated?

PaulaM

Yes, you can add the asset to your business and depreciate according to its business use percentage. See attached.

drkarin

Thank you for your prompt reply!
PaulaM

You are welcome 🙂