danmar2017

Can I correct stock Federal ID number when I have checked no number, I need to put number in? Have not complete yet still working on return.

ToddL

In situations like yours, you should use the "Delete a Form" tool to remove the 1099-DIV and re-enter it in the 1099-DIV interview

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting the 1099-DIV,  log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool to confirm the 1099-DIV  has been removed from the list of forms in your return. Then you can re-enter it in the 1099-DIV interview.

Why does this happen? Once you enter (or import or transfer) certain information, the program creates or updates forms and worksheets that use that information. In many cases, you cannot "change" that information in the interview process - in a manner of speaking, it has been "written in ink" on the forms. You have to delete the form and any associated worksheets in order to correct.

ToddL

What Form are you trying to enter the FEIN?
danmar2017

1099-DIV On page to enter amounts had to check originally if had a Federal ID number for that stock company I mistakenly clicked have no ID number. I need to know steps to get back to option to put company's Federal ID number. When I go back to edit/update that option is not on page. I could change amounts in boxes but nowhere to change option and put companies Federal ID number. Thanks
ToddL