turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ylanette

Can I claim my 29year old son if I paid his rent, Bills, and food 10 out of the year? He was out of work and there was no room for him to move back home.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I claim my 29year old son if I paid his rent, Bills, and food 10 out of the year? He was out of work and there was no room for him to move back home.

Sounds like you can claim him, since his income was less than $4,050, and you provided more than 50% of his support.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

How much was his gross income for 2017?
ylanette

$3200.00

Any unemployment comp?
ylanette

No. He had no incoming income.
ylanette

Thank you

Sounds like you can claim him, since his income was less than $4,050, and you provided more than 50% of his support.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies