CA 540NR rental income entry?

CA_NR

CA 540NR rental income entry?

Hi,

I am CA NR and am confused as to what to enter for the CA 540NR for rental income?

I am a TX resident and though I made $15K in rental net income from my rentals in CA, my Federal adjusted rental income is 0 (i guess due to QBI and other loss carryovers). So for the CA tax purposes should I use "0" for my rental income or use $15K? tempted to use $0, to avoid paying CA taxes for the $15K. Any advice asap? Happy to provide any further info. Federal AGI joint filing is $250K.

Thank

CA_NR

CA 540NR rental income entry?

Just to add for more clarity, as per TT premier, my Additional Income (from rentals) is "0" - line 17 under "Additional Income" section of 1040.....

Should I use the same to report for CA 540NR form?

DavidS127

CA 540NR rental income entry?

More information may help resolve your issue.  For example, what are the amounts shown of lines 21 and 22 of Schedule E, page 1 for the CA rental activity, and can you find the difference between the $15K income and the loss reported on your federal tax return?